cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gifts and jollies, problem

stan1968
Tuning in

hi there friends, how are you, good i hope. i hardly ever come on here but when i do things always get sorted and i suppose thats a good thing because i hardly ever have any VM problems and when i do you always help me and you get the job done so thanks for before and  in advance .

i updated , renewed my contract with my mobile phone. got a good deal as usual and all went well . a samsung notebook was thrown in which was a good bit of kit, a lot quicker that this old dell thing im on here..anyway im about 6 months in and the notebook has packed up..ive tried all the reboot and rescue work rounds but the indications i am getting with the combinations of the flashing lights tells me its a goner and i know a small bit about these gadgets..... please could you tell me the best process to use to replace, repair this..

do i contact Virgin, if so where, what dept or do i contact samsung, i have the warranty but have a slight feeling there could be a bit of a back and forward unless theres something set up for this going by similar experience with other companys deals..

no doubt you guys know the best way and i appreciate all your help.

thank you for taking time out to read this..

all the best...Stan

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if its anything like a faulty mobile it will all be your fault if you send it back - the stories on here are many where phones that are faulty under warranty develop a crack or chip or mark to the screen or back or somewhere else whilst in transit that means the warranty is void and the only option is a costly repair

now your tablet may not suffer that but then again it may well - why would things change so think about it before sending it back - Samsung stuff have a 2 year warranty i think - that would be my first port of call - what date proof you have i dont know but hopefully it will be a new enough model to have been around less than 2 years

Tony.
Sacked VIP

thanks for reply my friend, sorry i didnt reply earlier ive had a couple of days with the lurgy...so you recon straight to samsung..thats what i was leaning towards. the notebook was fine and just wouldnt boot one day and the lights on the side indicated that it was faulty..i tried all the reset stuff but its no doubt knackered.. i hope it will be a smooth process but i can see them wanting a bunch of info from VM which maybe a nightmare....

thank you for your help tony, top man you are

kindest regards...SJ