Menu
Ghostbadger
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

film wont download

Hi

I bought Avengers End Game when it came out and it works fine when I'm streaming the film on the tv,tablet and phone. I have downloaded it to my phone with no problems but if I try downloading to my Samsung Galaxy tab it says there is an error, a file missing and will not download.

I have bought other films and have downloaded two others to my tablet with no problem .yes there is plenty of space to download on it.

I spoke with the Virgin Store helpline number who had no idea why and would pass it on to the tech team to get back to me.

Well that was 3 weeks ago and still no help, anyone have any ideas ???????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: film wont download

Hi,

I'm not sure whether you're still experiencing issues with the Avengers End Game but in case you are, how many devices have you downloaded the film onto your devices?

You can download your movies and TV Box Sets on up to 5 compatible devices and watch them offline and you can download one version of a movie or TV Box Set per registered device. Plus, you can watch them on up to 2 TiVo or V6 boxes, at home.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Ghostbadger
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lisa

I have downloaded the film on to my iPhone.

I have downloaded Captain marvel and How to train your dragon on to my Samsung tablet, but Avengers will not download it keeps saying there is a file missing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ghostbadger,

Thank you for confirming this. It does seem odd that this has occurred. Please follow these steps bellow and let us know how things go.

1.You are using a supported device (see the 'other devices' tab) 
2.The device you are using is one of your five registered devices 
3.You are connected to the internet so you can buy, stream and download stuff 

After following the steps above, if you are still experiencing this issue please follow these steps on your device you have been experiencing the issue from:

1.Log out of your account 
2.Close the app and restart your device 
3.Open the app and log back into your account 

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Ghostbadger
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Louis

1.You are using a supported device (see the 'other devices' tab)  Yes I already have two films downloaded on to the tablet
2.The device you are using is one of your five registered devices  Yes as above
3.You are connected to the internet so you can buy, stream and download stuff  Yes

I have tried uninstalling the app from the tablet and then restarting, login out and in and it still says...….

Error downloading media Avengers: Endgame + Bonus and Exclusive reason: File missing

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Ghostbadger

I'm sorry to say that as this is Virgin Media Store we wouldn't be able to assist further as this is a company that is in fact separate to Virgin Media,

Please get in touch with our friends over at the VM Store to have this resolved

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Ghostbadger
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

David

I have already spoken with VM Store and was promised someone would contact me ,which they have not.

I put a post on here hoping someone could put me in touch with anyone who could help me but to no avail.

I seemed to be getting told to go from one department to the next without getting anywhere.

I dont think I will buy any more films from the VM store and will look for other places to download new films.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Ghostbadger.

Have you had any updates from the Virgin Media Store team since your last update?

The best number to call the Virgin Media Store team would be 0800 027 0801.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos