cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

devices not showing in windows explorersince instal of Hub 3

JAD2
Joining in

Hi All  I've connected a NAS to my new Hub router - previously run on my old router without trouble.  Windows Explorer is now not showing any networked devices.  I'm on Windows 10 and up-to-date.  I've checked the network discovery options that I'm aware of and all OK.  The NAS shows as connected to the router on the Virginmedia Connect app and the Plex media server runs on windows and apple devices.  Could this be a problem with the new router (software?).  Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is the W10 machine set as a 'Private' network connection as well as all the other sharing options turned on? Every so often my W10 PC likes to randomly change my network setup to 'Public' without me doing it or knowing about it!

If you have plugged in to a new hub, W10 will probably see this as a new network connection and I think it defaults new connections to public.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is the W10 machine set as a 'Private' network connection as well as all the other sharing options turned on? Every so often my W10 PC likes to randomly change my network setup to 'Public' without me doing it or knowing about it!

If you have plugged in to a new hub, W10 will probably see this as a new network connection and I think it defaults new connections to public.

Yes, you're right. It has! Problem solved. Loads of thanks