Menu
WilsonPatel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wireless Router which broadcast Country Code (802.11d)

I have my home setup with Unifi AC Pro and these APs do not broadcast Country Code (802.11d).

This cause my Macbook Pro 13" to periodically scan wireless access point as it is unable to set Country Code for itself. Every time it scan, latency will increase and this is very annoying. I am thinking of buying a router just for the Macbook to be able to get a Country Code, because if the AP that it connects to does not has a Country Code it will take from neighboring APs

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless Router which broadcast Country Code (802.11d)

802.11d is not a 'Country Code' it is a wireless network communication specification. It is used in countries where other 802.11* standards are not allowed.

Can you explain your problem without getting technical please.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if you really mean country code (and not what you said), then you would set this in the Unifi Controller software.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

One thing to note, if you buy a Unifi AC Pro in the US it will be locked to the US WiFi channels and cannot be changed, it’s a FCC requirement. Unifi produce two models of the AC Pro, a US one and a ‘rest of the world’ one. The ‘rest of the world’ ones WiFi channels are governed by what the country code is set to in the Unifi controller. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos