cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 /android emulator TV Control App

madheaduk
On our wavelength

Hi,
I've tried in vain... to get the TV Control App working on windows 10 to no avail at all  as you get not supported on this device.

So I tried using the NOX android emulator and it all works for managing recordings etc.

However, when I attempt to view one of my recordings I get an error after it starts setting up my streaming.
The Error is hardware codec not supported
Error Code:E=46 V=-1

Screenshot 2020-12-31 134816.png

The image running on the NOX emulator is Android OS 7.1 and the Phone is set to emulate a samsung.
it would be great if you could simply use a windows 10 app or linux app on my everyday PC it is a total PIA just to watch my paid for service on any device that I wish and I cannot believe that Virgin apps have not been fixed to work .. And please don't point me at TV GO as that is not the same thing. Utterly ridiculous too that there are two apps ... for the TV services ....

Any pointers/help would be much appreciated... or simply publish an Virgin TV Control app for win10 I guess...

6 REPLIES 6

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

What is the actual version of Windows for example Windows 10 Home, Windows 7 Pro etc ?

I have tried to get the TV Control running on quite  a few Windows emulators for Android and the only one I could find that worked was Bluestacks, as that seems to be the only emulator that has full hardware codec support this is where the problem is as not all emulators do full codec support.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply :). Windows 10 Pro latest version. ie. 2004 (OS Build 19041.685)

I initially tried bluestacks but had a bit of trouble with getting it up and running reliably.

I'll give it another go and post back my findings.

Cheers

Andy

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Ok so i have spun up bluestacks and have the TV Control App running however I am now having trouble getting a bridged network set correctly as I did in NOX.

I now get a error about out of home streaming.

I believe this is due the network setup in bluestacks but cannot find how you configure it to use the same ip and subnet as my tivo box is on. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 🙂

Cheers,

Andy

Ok I can see the issue 

madheaduk_0-1609520851466.png

basically it runs in a Virtual Box machine but I need this to be a bridge networks to the host adapter directly, this is simple in Nox but not it seems in bluestacks. I have not enabled hyperV at this point but I can try that is it is easier

Cheers,

Andy

Hi, 

Did you ever get the Bluestacks network bridge to work? I am having the same problem. I've also tried Memu (as that has network bridging), but am getting the same error as you got in Nox (Codec error).

Thanks,

Mark