cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 21H1 May 2021 Update

Buffer6
Legend

I updated via Windows 20H1 Update, and it only took 3 minutes

I thought I'd better check it out, I could find no mention of it in Update History

So tried the various checks with /scannow and Online DISM but they found no errors

Still no mention of it in Update History.  So I decided to download the Microsoft Windows 10  media creation tool

Media Creation tool  installed and ran it, then installed Windows 10, it took just over half an hour

on my fast PC, but I was pretty sure that I had all the files now, and it now shows

in file History

version 21h1.jpg

winver 21H1.jpg

I would recommend an install with the media creation tool

68 REPLIES 68

Cumulative update for Windows 10 today

cumlative upd 7 july.jpg

Installed just the once this time, a few hangs when installing it took 14 minutes on my fast PC

and is now up to build 19043.1083

winver 7 july.jpg

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/july-6-2021-kb5004945-os-builds-19041-1083-19042-1083-and-... 

Got this just now.  It fixes a security risk in the print spooler and faffs about with the WU servicing stack.  Took about 1/2 an hour to install.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

Today: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 plus Malicious software removal tool

mal tool.jpg

14 07 update.jpg

Installs once, hangs a few times, took about 15 minutes on my fast PC

Now up to build 19043.1110

winver 14 07 21.jpg

Got the above updates earlier on today, took about 20 minutes to install. Non-negotiable.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/july-13-2021-kb5004237-os-builds-19041-1110-19042-1110-and... 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/july-13-2021-kb5003537-cumulative-update-for-net-framework... 

This fixes several zero day exploits.  The print nightmare bug still continues according to Brian.

#Windows #UpdateTuesday #Printnightmare
Latest Windows 10 Update to Fix Serious Security Problems

I won't be printing much as my printer is broken.🙄

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE windows 10-is stuck on restart.

25/7/20201- feature update and definition update

Latest security intelligence updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus and other Microsoft antimalwar...

The update has been installed, but my update is stuck in a permanent cycle of asking to restart, so I ran sfc /scannow and it  says repair needed, restart and tried this 3 times and sfc scan keeps asking to restart all over again.?

I think there is an update repair?

Trying the trouble-shooter, even that is stuck on pending restart.

alf28

@ALF28  Some youtube videos for windows update problems 

Just a thought, if you're using other Anti-virus software as well as defender, there might be a conflict, it might see the update as trojans or viruses

I haven't been offered the latest (25/7/21) defender intelligent update as yet, so am not going to look for it now.

Thanks for help

I have fixed the restart/update problem, it may have been an incomplete update, perhaps I switched off during an update.

Also I run Malwarebytes pro and zone alarm firewall, so that could caused some issues.

I fixed it by doing a full shutdown rather than a restart, it then downloaded -

quality update KB5004237 then restart

definition update KB2267602 no restart needed

It has also installed today-

cumulative update for net framework-KB5003537

driver update hewlet packard -usb-51.0.4652.19316

IT took about 20 minutes, I have checked and now fully up to date.

Some were optional updates.

Waiting for the health check from microsoft  (not yet available) to see if my laptops will upgrade to windows 11, but windows 10 will still be supported till 2025.

alf28

Update today for Microsoft Defender Antivirus.   Quick update, no restart required

def update 26 7 21.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ALf28,

Windows have pulled the Windows Health Check for Windows 11, however you can still check if your laptop/PC will be compatible.

There's an independent app called WhyNotWin11 which is available to download from git hub. The following web page gives details  https://www.cnet.com 

I actually downloaded the Windows Health Check for Windows 11 before it was pulled, and the above app gives the same information 

One screenshot shows the info for my PC from Microsoft, and the other from WhyNotWin11 shows that currently my PC's CPU fails the test.

I believe the main reason Microsoft pulled their version of Windows 11 Health Check and accompanying pages showing the CPU's that would work hasn't been finalised yet and others will be added in the future.

Windows 11 Requires TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot, your laptop may fail if it isn't set up  correctly but it's easily fixable as per howtogeek.com/737171/how-to-fix-this-pc-cant-run-windows-11/ 

microsoftmicrosoft

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Another update tonight for Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Quick update, no restart required

def update 2 26 7 21.jpg