Menu
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why do i always get this error wifi hotspot app

I've tried everything. Even formatting phone and re installation of app. No matter what it always gives me this server time out. 

Why did this used to work but not no more?

Screenshot_20210221-205846_Virgin Media Connect.png

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i always get this error wifi hotspot app

Have a read of this thread.  It may help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-Hotspots-profile-not-installed/m-p/461...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried without the app to but I just get error incorrect password. 

Screenshot_20210221-235715_Settings.png

I've tried so many different ways it just don't work any more. Is there not any way to use WiFi hot spots with android 11? This is super inconvenient for me and really the one reason I stay with virgin because there is so many hot spots around me. But they haven't worked for a while now. I even got a virgin sim to see if it would work with that. It doesn't. 

0 Kudos
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can any one tell me why I'm not able to connect to virgin hot spots? I have virgin media broadband and now contract phone and still won't let me connect. 

From what I read is not compatible with the new android but people say it works by not using the app and just changing the security type to aka but this just gives me incorrect credentials message. 

Please someone help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No one can help with this?

0 Kudos
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

not a single person is able to solve this problem, wth guys, this is unbelievable.. 

why the f cant you just fix it, its not fault on my end, ive tried with 4 different phones, 2 note 20s and 1 s 21 and an old s8.. and the same thing happens pn every god dam phone,,

when im out, i have to use my rooted note20 with a very highly modified rom which i put together myself for penetration testing.. ive ported most the tools from the linix kali build but i should not have to break the law by forcefully getting a handshake from a virgin hotspot that should connect to it automatically , i have a contract virgin sim in the phone and im also a virgin media subscriber to tv and home broadband.. according to your promises either one of this should give me access to the virgin hotspots.. it wont even let me connect to my own hotspot that i broadcast..

nightmare having to hack into a network i pay to have access too,. and not a soul on this forum probably don't even know wth im talking about...

ive found so many flaws on the virgin hotspots.. im the most smartest network pen tester but forcing me to break in.. i dont see that as a crime, you cant get arrestedf for breaking in your own home, cus you own and pay for it,, 

i guess due to the pure ignarance on this forum ill just keep hacking into every virgin hotspot i need to use.

AND BTW, CUSTOMERS, THE VULNRABILITYS IM USESING TO TO SIMPLY CONNECT AND USE THE INTERNET ALSO GIVES ME FULL ADMIN RIGHTS TO YOUR LAPTOP.. IF I WAS A CRIMINAL I COULD TAKE EVERYTING. FROM YOUR BANKS.. THERE SO CALLED SUPER HUB 3 IS SUCH A JOKE WHEN IT COMES TO SECURUTY,, TERRIBLE COMPANY, THEY JUST WANT CUSTOMERS AND NOPT GIVE A **bleep** ABOUT THERE VULRABILITYS.. THEY CANT EVEN FIX IT, ITS A HARDWARE BASED HACK WHICH MEANS THEY CANT FIX IT WITH FIRMWARE UPDATES,,

USELESS, I KEEP ON USING THEM AND BREAKING INTO ANY VIRGIN HOTSPOT THAT GIVES ME ERRORS . 

[MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos