Menu
Silvabod
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Week-old problem, now cannot even access VM site

Returning customer, I registered in Dec 2017 and had access to site

Had a pc crash last week, reset W10, since which I have specific VM-exclusive problems. Internet connection is fine for all sites except VM site, can load home page but nothing beyond that.

1/ According to VM, I am not registered (although the log-in page auto-fills my e_mail ID.  I DO know my login e_mail and password, but even trying "lost password" doesn't work.

2/ Obvious solution - register anew. That doesn't work either - get VM error pages "Oops this isn't the page ..." but cannot correct "error".

Multiple calls over the week - every excuse under the sun (like, their "tools" don't work, they're updating their internal systems, someone will call me) ... as I said, been going on for a week, no constructive help.

Latest, today - they've "escalated" to IT (given me a ticket no) and someone might give me a call in a week or so.

It would help if it were possible to get past the first service level (having to repeat the whole sorry saga day after day to "service reps" unable to deal with complex problems is to sday the least, both frustrating and a total waste of time)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Week-old problem, now cannot even access VM site

I'm sorry to hear about this Silvabod,

I can see that a ticket has indeed been raised for this and that someone will be in contact with you soon to discuss things further.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Silvabod
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Week-old problem, now cannot even access VM site

Having taken a full 14 days, one of your tech guys called yesterday afternoon.

Since I had known my password all along, it took less than a minute to log on (in other words, problem solved) seems that all that was needed was a (for VM) simple fix at your end.

What a pleasure to converse with a knowledgable person, what a pity one wasn't consulted in the first place!

Think I've sais this before - Virgin (phone/TV/broadband) is both stable and excellent when it's working.  On the rare occasions there's a fault, the support service can be abysmal.

0 Kudos