Menu
Yandex
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voom broadband for personal use

Hello,

I have just finally canceled my TalkTalk broadband and am looking at getting some package from Virgin. I have noticed that the "business" broadband Voom offers amazing speeds at a very good price. However when I tried checking out I am faced with an "Organisation Details" page to fill which I do not have. 

So my questions is can I use Voom without a business and does any of you use it like this? If yes, what should I put in the "Organisation details" page?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voom broadband for personal use

put your name in. you could be self employed trading under your own name

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a reminder: the prices do not include VAT @ 20% and contracts are over 24 months. Do keep that in mind when ordering.

Besides that VM aren't fussed. They have a dedicated section of T+Cs for small office and home office.

-----

Virgin Media UK, bragging about the incredible increase from 300Mb to 350Mb, have the slowest cable broadband of any member of the Liberty Global family in Europe.

Slower than Virgin Media Ireland, Liberty Global Switzerland, Netherlands, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Belgium, Germany.

'We’ve always been proud of our network’s speed and for good reason.' - Anthony Vollmer, Executive Director for Connectivity at Virgin Media
0 Kudos
Yandex
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering. So this should end up at about £36 a month for the cheapest plan. Also, I can see that it says max of 7mbps upload. Is that an error or is the upload just limited to 7mbps?
0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's correct. That's why it's cheap.
-----

Virgin Media UK, bragging about the incredible increase from 300Mb to 350Mb, have the slowest cable broadband of any member of the Liberty Global family in Europe.

Slower than Virgin Media Ireland, Liberty Global Switzerland, Netherlands, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Belgium, Germany.

'We’ve always been proud of our network’s speed and for good reason.' - Anthony Vollmer, Executive Director for Connectivity at Virgin Media
0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should probably also bear in mind that, even on the business service, you'll be forced to use a fairly crappy modem, and if you purchase static IPs your connection will go via some equally crappy tunnelling equipment on VM's side.

-----

0 Kudos