Menu
Yandex
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voom broadband for personal use

Hello,

I have just finally canceled my TalkTalk broadband and am looking at getting some package from Virgin. I have noticed that the "business" broadband Voom offers amazing speeds at a very good price. However when I tried checking out I am faced with an "Organisation Details" page to fill which I do not have. 

So my questions is can I use Voom without a business and does any of you use it like this? If yes, what should I put in the "Organisation details" page?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voom broadband for personal use

put your name in. you could be self employed trading under your own name

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a reminder: the prices do not include VAT @ 20% and contracts are over 24 months. Do keep that in mind when ordering.

Besides that VM aren't fussed. They have a dedicated section of T+Cs for small office and home office.

0 Kudos
Yandex
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering. So this should end up at about £36 a month for the cheapest plan. Also, I can see that it says max of 7mbps upload. Is that an error or is the upload just limited to 7mbps?
0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's correct. That's why it's cheap.

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should probably also bear in mind that, even on the business service, you'll be forced to use a fairly crappy modem, and if you purchase static IPs your connection will go via some equally crappy tunnelling equipment on VM's side.

0 Kudos