Menu
Highlighted
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin telly tablet

I got my telly tablet in September 2017,and it worked fine until it updated to Android 7 last week . After updating, I could not turn wifi on, so I reluctantly reset to factory settings. When it reset, I was surprised to find that it was still on Android 7. I am now able to turn wifi on, but the problem now is that the battery life is now only 2 or 3 hours, and it takes about 10 hours to recharge. I wondered if anyone else has experienced similar problems. 

Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin telly tablet

Hello keyworthowl,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Does the tablet get hot? Also can you can check which apps are using the most battery in the settings? 

Make sure all apps on the Telly Tablet are up to date so that they are running optimally. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for your reply. The tablet doesn't get particularly hot. When I go into the battery settings, it doesn't normally show the individual app usage. All it shows is the screen usage(presently 53%, wifi 3%, and Google play services 2%. The apps update automatically.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi keyworthowl,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear your're having some problems with your telly tablet.

I have added a link for Telly Tablet Help and this has loads of helpful information to assist you with everything to do with your telly tablet.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Louise. I have contacted the helpline, and the person I talked to thinks it might be a faulty charging cable .They are sending me a new one.
0 Kudos