HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Interesting article in 'this is money'

Apparently going ahead.   Well, well, well, 

Setback for Vodafone as Virgin Media dumps deal | This is Money

14 REPLIES 14

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

After the CMA approved the merger of VM and O2 in May 2021 I predicted that VM would dump Vodafone, and I'm surprised it has taken so long with many VM customers, including myself, having been migrated from EE to Vodafone. It's a loss for Vodafone but they will get compensation as prescribed in the contract. In the meantime VM can get moving with merger partner O2 and surely it's a matter of time when there will be a single customer database and systems (so the awkward Volt package will get replaced amongst many other things).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So having already 'suffered' the traumatic 'change' from EE to Vodaphone, and the total chaos THAT caused, 

VM are now about to embark on yet another 'transition' to O2.

God Help US!! We will certainly need it!! 

(or you lot will, because I've already migrated to '3' because the swap to Voda from EE meant I lost almost all my signal, and data was almost non existent where I live, whereas EE was perfect. I had to drop back to 3G to get any decent signal for data, and to prolong battery life, as phones got warn, and battery lasted half the amount of time it used to, because the phones were 'hunting' for a decent 4G signal.  The '3' reception here is 5* even on 4G)

So, here's to years more 'aggro' with VM trying to sort out 3 different systems.. (they can't sort out the problems with ONE let alone any others) 

Apparently there is STILL no 'fix' for the OTP/2FA problems first mentioned over 22 MONTHS ago!!

So any hope of a 'smooth' transition to O2 is probably about as possible as finding rocking horse poo!!

Only trouble is you might be back in the proverbial if Vodafone get three as that’s what will happen next me thinks 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HughJarsse 

There you are 

rocking.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

'Only trouble is you might be back in the proverbial if Vodafone get three as that’s what will happen next me thinks '

Considering that '3' have their own masts, I would assume that Vodafone would just add three's masts to their masts, thus giving much better coverage to the pair of them, rather than just using Voda's and ditching three's.  Possible win/win for Voda customers getting better coverage in certain areas?? 

Voda is poor in almost all my area, yet '3' is strong everywhere I go.

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Enlli, it may be advertised, BUT. will it actually arrive if you purchase,  or will the 'offshore' customer services read from a script to explain why it hasn't arrived?? 😏

And, if it did by any chance arrive, would it work??

@HughJarsse wrote:

'Only trouble is you might be back in the proverbial if Vodafone get three as that’s what will happen next me thinks '

Considering that '3' have their own masts, I would assume that Vodafone would just add three's masts to their masts, thus giving much better coverage to the pair of them, rather than just using Voda's and ditching three's.  Possible win/win for Voda customers getting better coverage in certain areas?? 

Voda is poor in almost all my area, yet '3' is strong everywhere I go.

More likely Voda just want frequencies that 3 have, added to which Voda have for years been obsessive about value-destroying M&A as a means of avoiding running their own business properly.  Like you, I've been really happy with the coverage from 3 (well, IDMobile), but I hope the pea-brains of Vodafone move on to some other company: I have absolute confidence in Vodafone's management to ruin anything they touch.

It's quite obvious that Voda don't need more mobile customers - if they need anything (and that's unproven) it would be to merge with a broadband or content business; But with nobody like that too obviously available, Voda's crummy management are itching to fritter more money on something or anything, and in this case it seems like 3.   

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's times that being a customer of the network-operator-direct is worth the little extra expense 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks