cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Poor Service?

Stocksy1
Tuning in
Been a loyal customer for over 7 years, never skipped a payment and this is how you get treated for being loyal.

I've tried to resolve the issues the 'nice way' by many Phone calls, Emails & Complaints filed and clearly, nobody wants to take responsibility.

We moved to our new house back in January. 15 weeks with intermittent TV (loss of signal & pixelating) + Internet dropping out at various times during the day.

6 Phone Calls to Virgin Media. 4 Engineers Booked. Lots of excuses . . . No solutions.

One month in (February) I gave Virgin Media the option, that if they can't fix the issues, then to disconnect the service and we'd look at another provider. I was told I'd be charged a 'disconnection fee' as per the contract . . . I've never seen or signed any contract in the last 8 years?

On Phone Call to agent Number 5, I explained the ongoing issues and was told Virgin Media will compensate for the intermittent service in the last 15 weeks and to call back after it's been fixed, as this was their 'priority'. Agent arranges for fourth engineer to visit.

As requested by the Agent on the phone, I filed a formal complaint online, complaint apparently now shows as 'closed' although I've had no correspondence or communication back from the complaint?

A few days later a fourth engineer visits, replaces Virgin Media HDMI cables (apparently the old HDMI's cables are sensitive & problematic with the new TIVO boxes(?)) & replaces an old Virgin Box with a new TIVO box. 

Problem seems to have been resolved and been working fully for the last 2 weeks. I call back to discuss compensation as previous agent suggested.

Agent says not entitled to any compensation for disrupted service. She checked with her Manager and come back to confirm, not entitled to anything.

I requested to speak to a manager directly, apparently now Managers don't talk to customers, she would need to speak to her manager and SHE will call me back within 2 days. (Virgin Media managers now being cowards and hiding behind staff who have no power?)

What's happened to Virgin Media, why have they become so s***?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

theres a lot of rubbish in your post - not your rubbish but what you were told - i may be wrong but i guess most if not all the conversations were offshore who will tell you anything to close the call in a positive manner [their positive not yours] it gets you off the line and they have done their job as they see it

1 - leaving and early disconnection fees - what they say is basically correct but you can work through the fault and if they cannot sort it ask for a deadlock letter - that should allow you to leave with no cost

2 - complaints - they close them for fun with nothing resolved - not sure what they think that achieves as if you want to take the whole sorry mess to CISAS the date you opened the complaint is the key - the fact they closed it and did nothing matters not so if you do want to take it to CISAS then wait 8 weeks from opening the complaint

3 - compensation - in a nut shell you were lied to - compensation is paid to OFCOM rules after a total loss of 48 hours - poor service is not compensated

4 - not sure if managers talk to customers - thats just sounds like another load of BS along the line of they are always in meetings - it a debatable point if they even exist

5 - no one will ever call you back - they have got you off the line - the call is marked as solved - again under their system its sorted

6 - HDMI cable - new for old - ok lets accept that - it sounds a good reason - personally i think its rubbish but i really cannot add anything tangible to prove it

so after all thos home truths whats the problem - you have gainfully tried too use the dire CS that is VM - list your problems and people here will give you better help that you have had in fact our cat could give better help that offshore 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

theres a lot of rubbish in your post - not your rubbish but what you were told - i may be wrong but i guess most if not all the conversations were offshore who will tell you anything to close the call in a positive manner [their positive not yours] it gets you off the line and they have done their job as they see it

1 - leaving and early disconnection fees - what they say is basically correct but you can work through the fault and if they cannot sort it ask for a deadlock letter - that should allow you to leave with no cost

2 - complaints - they close them for fun with nothing resolved - not sure what they think that achieves as if you want to take the whole sorry mess to CISAS the date you opened the complaint is the key - the fact they closed it and did nothing matters not so if you do want to take it to CISAS then wait 8 weeks from opening the complaint

3 - compensation - in a nut shell you were lied to - compensation is paid to OFCOM rules after a total loss of 48 hours - poor service is not compensated

4 - not sure if managers talk to customers - thats just sounds like another load of BS along the line of they are always in meetings - it a debatable point if they even exist

5 - no one will ever call you back - they have got you off the line - the call is marked as solved - again under their system its sorted

6 - HDMI cable - new for old - ok lets accept that - it sounds a good reason - personally i think its rubbish but i really cannot add anything tangible to prove it

so after all thos home truths whats the problem - you have gainfully tried too use the dire CS that is VM - list your problems and people here will give you better help that you have had in fact our cat could give better help that offshore 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for your insights Tony.

Your explanations here make more sense then I’ve ever received in the past months from VM combined. 

It appears to be human beings that have been tuned in to be Robots - no common sense is used.

I will be seeking advice from OFCOM seeing as VM don’t want to deal with complains themselves.

Thanks again. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Stocksy1 wrote:

Thanks for your insights Tony.

Your explanations here make more sense then I’ve ever received in the past months from VM combined. 

It appears to be human beings that have been tuned in to be Robots - no common sense is used.

I will be seeking advice from OFCOM seeing as VM don’t want to deal with complains themselves.

Thanks again. 

just to correct - its CISAS you need to looking at - they handle complaints on a one to one basis - you should also complain to OFCOM - that wont further your case but it will add to the long list of complaints that VM get and action may or may not follow - but as an overall thing not your specific complaint

Tony.
Sacked VIP