Menu
coley2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Username Issue for myvirginmedia

I Have changed my username for access to MyVirginMedia VM Has sent me a link to confirm my new username all I get is a message saying:

Sorry we cant confirm your username

we are having technical problems we cant confirm your username at the moment .Were

working on it ,so please try again later

This has been going on for a few weeks i have tried calling VM but nobody seems to be able to help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username Issue for myvirginmedia

Hi coley2 welcome to our forums.

Have you previously had an account with us that had the email address you're trying to use as the username? Have you been able to try other email addresses as the username? Are you still able to log in to the online account with the original details?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
coley2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom No I have not used the email address for my online account I have set the account with vm over the phone they sent me a  email to confirm username but I have been unable to confirm as I get error message

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps the discuss in this thread on what is and what is not permissible to do with the change username function in My VM and how to back out of erroneous changes will help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/No-email-access/td-p/3944430

The only permissible change is to use a third party e-mail address that you have access to (say like GMail). The system falls over if you try to change your username from one VM address to another.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.