Menu
richieb41
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upsteam power levels & outside cable routing

My upstream power levels are 4.775dbmV which seems extremely low, but it's working ok, so i dont know.

Also, i was in the front garden yesterday, and found a big stone in the soil. I began to dig it out, but eventually found that my broadband cable actually goes though it. The stone is 12" x 6"x 3".

I wonder what i should do. Will Virgin come and remove the cable from it if i tell them about it ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upsteam power levels & outside cable routing

@richieb41 wrote:

My upstream power levels are 4.775dbmV which seems extremely low, but it's working ok, so i dont know.

Its a known bug with the reading on the hub3. The actual value is 47.75dbmV, which is well in spec.

Also, i was in the front garden yesterday, and found a big stone in the soil. I began to dig it out, but eventually found that my broadband cable actually goes though it. The stone is 12" x 6"x 3".

I wonder what i should do. Will Virgin come and remove the cable from it if i tell them about it ?

You will have fun telling offshore about that one. Might be better to wait for the Forum team. However expect a 100 quid charge for any work they do. It’s not a fault affecting your service.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i'm curious to know who the cable managed to end up going through the stone?
they don't drill when laying the cable in your garden, they simply dig a trench and then cover up the cable.
did the stone grow around the around?
0 Kudos
richieb41
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for info on the Upsteam reading.

Regarding the stone, i have no idea how the cable became routed through the stone. Its a mystery !!

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A bit intrigued by a cable through a stone, can you post some photos?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection