Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use contacts

When I try to make calls from my phone book I cannot dial out. My phone tells me I have either dialled an incorrect number or do not have enough credit. If I dial the number n manually I can make the call

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use contacts

Hi have you tried a simple reboot, if so is there something I the phone settings that may help.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky.

Have switched the phone on and off a number of times and also looked in settings. Nothing jumps out. It has done it prior to this but only occasionally. Now it’s every time.

Thanks for your response

Dean.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dean,

I hope this helps. I've seen a number of posts in the past which may be related to your problem.....it often involves an iphone and dial assist issues.

From a Home screen on your iPhone tap Settings >  Phone > Dial Assist switch to turn on or off.

One of the other fixes is to go to Setttings / General / Language and Region and change the Region to Belgium, even it was saying UK and then back to UK.

If it's an android phone then you should look for Dial Assist/ Assisted Dialling in the settings and turn it off. It's difficult to say where it is on an android as they all have different settings layouts, but you could probbaly do a google search or check the phone's manual

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wow. Thank you Dave.

Changing the region done the trick.

you have made an old man very happy. I haven’t got much more hair to pull out.

thanks for your help.

Dean.

Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean,

Pleased to be of service. 

Any other problems just pop onto the forums as there's a wealth of answers and experience here from community members like myself and the brilliant Forum Staff

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali