Menu
Shanbags1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Gmail or VM mailbox

Hi please bear with me as I am not a 'techy' person and am way out of my depth here but really need some help as I am getting absolutely nowhere with Virgin Media. Earlier this week we had a repair to outside VM cable, it had been severed in gardening accident. Since then I have been unable to sign into Gmail or Virgin Media on one device only in our home. However we have taken the device (a laptop) to use another's WiFi and it works fine, so I think the problem is here with our router. I think it is also something to do with security issues? When I attempt to log-in to GMail there is a red triangle with exclamation mark in the browser followed by 'not secure'. Virgin Media have been contacted several times and I won't bore anyone on here with the entire story, but very, VERY frustratingly the situation has still not been resolved? The router has been reset and caches cleared etc... Can anyone please help me?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Gmail or VM mailbox

Can you access the internet from other devices in the home? Can you access the internet from the 'faulty' device? If so, don't think it will be the cable repair causing your issues.

In the case of VM, what happens when you use the route of going via the VM official homepage to log in

https://www.virginmedia.com/

and then either use the link for 'Email' for your email account or the 'Sign in' link to get into 'My Virgin Media', both in top RHS corner of the page?

0 Kudos
Shanbags1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Yes I can access the internet from both the 'faulty' device and other devices in the home. I do not believe it is the 'cable repair' causing the problem but the router as I said in my initial posting. Virgin Media told me it was the router at fault and is a security issue before they cut me off while in the middle of trying to fix the router remotely. I cannot get back in touch with that person, who knew what they were doing, and if I call them back nobody else seems to know and both device recovery and the tech support teams have been passing this problem back and forth, each saying the other department is responsible. 

I know how to log into my VM account via the homepage thanks. I have done that many times over the years.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

OK, so the question was 'what happens' when you try to login via the VM home page? Do you get any error messages on screen, are you redirected to an unexpected page etc.?

Are you having problems getting into 'My Virgin Media' or VM email or both?

0 Kudos
Shanbags1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Nothing happens. I click on 'Sign in' and nothing happens. It is the same with Gmail

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Shanbags1 wrote:

Nothing happens. I click on 'Sign in' and nothing happens. It is the same with Gmail

So the page simply remains at the login screen and doesn't progress any further?

Were you able to log into VM and GMail when you took the laptop to the other location to test on a different connection?

0 Kudos
Shanbags1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Yes I was able to log in to both VM and G Mail at another location.

Actually I have just retried to get into VM and I can get past the home screen to my log in details but beyond that it is giving me the same red warning triangle and words 'not secure' before oauth.virginmedia.com/as/2c6Sp/resume/as/authorization.ping in the browser and a oops - the page has timed out message on screen.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Which operating system are you using on the laptop? Which web browser are you using and is it fully upto date with updates?

0 Kudos
Shanbags1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

It is Windows 10; Chrome and yes fully up to date.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried using Edge browser for comparison? See if that allows you to log in?

0 Kudos