Menu
ACB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible customer service

I signed up with virgin media about 4 weeks ago. I have been unable to register for an online account. Every time I try I end up with a message saying it can’t be completed. 

FOUR  times I have contacted 150 to try and get the issue resolved. Each time I’m told and IT ticket is being raised and someone will in touch. I’ve never had a response. 

Is there anyway of contacting someone in IT who can resolve the issue. I need to set up an email address as soon as possible before my previous provider blocks me. 

So far I must say that Virgin customer service is appalling 🙁

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible customer service

Hi ACB1,

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to register for an online Virgin Media account and agree that it's not a good start.

Can you give us more information on what you have tried and let us know if there are any error messages?

Have you tried a different email address and check that your password follows the below -

Always avoid common passwords as they are known to be security risks e.g. 'happy123'
Use a strong combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, and numbers
Use numbers to replace letters where possible e.g. in the word 'strong' instead of using 'S' use '5'
The password must be between 8 and 10 characters (numbers/letters in upper & lower case) long
Begin with a letter
Consist of only letters and numbers (no special character like #&@*)
Contain at least one number

Please let us know how it goes so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
ACB1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. It’s certainly not a good start, especially as every time I have been told someone would contact me but no one ever has. 

Each time I try to register I get right through the process but end up with a message saying something like ‘sorry we can’t complete that at the moment. Please try again later’.  I will try again but on two occasions your operative has tried to register for me but with the same result. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you're entering the details correctly and you're still unable to register then something is clearly amiss.

I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for more information. Please reply back to it so I can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
jondale2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yep that's about it complain on twitter they at least have a standard reply! nothing happens but you do  get a reply. Virgin media dont do customer servive they sign you up  and take your money. You can check out any time you want but you can never leave :-0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wez
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If its purely to get an email address - get a gmail, yahoo etc as they are dependent on your provider.

0 Kudos