Menu
Pete28
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telly tablet issues after Android update.

Hi, I have recently installed an Android update, Telly tablet worked fine before. Now when I switch on the device I get about 30 seconds to put in my passcode and open any app up, it then freezes for a short while before switching itself off and rebooting, remains in this cycle until I power off. Also noted it only connects to the internet about 1 in 4 boot ups. I see other people are experiencing the same issues, surely Virgin should contact Exertis on our behalf to resolve this, not have everybody trying to get through individually, it was you who took our money for the tablet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telly tablet issues after Android update.

Hi Pete28, 

Thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your Telly Tablet since this recent update. 

You can pop on here for more help and troubleshooting tips for your Telly Tablet. If this doesn't help you will need to contact Exertis directly by calling 01282 858460 or emailing virginsupport@exertis.co.uk

They will be happy to help further and unfortunately we would be unable to contact them directly on your behalf. 

Thanks

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ynysygwas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about 'update problems'. I was about to get one of these in a Virgin mobile phone bundle but Virgin's 'help' with your problem has convinced me to clear my basket!
Koen01
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have recently bought one of these tablets and experienced all these problems and more, and the simple fix is to perform a factory reset on the tablet. Before you proceed, make sure you have backed up your personal files if you have anything stored on the tablet. 3rd party apps that require you to sign in to will need to be downloaded again and signed back into after you've performed the reset. All 3rd party apps need to be re-downloaded.

To do this, go to settings, scroll down and click on Backup & Reset, click on Factory Data Reset. After reviewing data that will be lost, click on Reset Tablet. If your tablet is secured with a Pattern, PIN or Password, you will be prompted to re-enter these details.

0 Kudos
Tangobaldy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The keyboard is terrible.... and now since recent update to youtube it keeps crashing.  Bit bad when tablet is meant to be like a tv.  On,y reason i kept this for two years is the size and durability. Its been dropped, knocked over, fell asleep on and still works ok. But i cant recommend it. Buy any other tablet and put it in a strong case. The stand attacjed tomthe back does not allow for viewing nex to a bed as you cant get right angle. It leans back way to war for viewing except on a low desk.

0 Kudos