Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Technical fault on their system.

Hello, 

has anyone who is deaf who use the "SILENT SMS text" on the mobile to send SMS text to both mobile device & landline phone. I had reported to virgin several time since last year THAT THERE IS A FAULT ON THEIR SYSTEM in which I had great difficulty trying to get in touch to various landline phone number despite some has failed is 'NOT DELIVERED' & it should be delivered without being failed to delivered at all times n the first place. I had made 5 formal complaints of sending SMS text to landline phone number sent from deaf mobile user.

the info. I got from EE as I am going to paste it here which I had been trying to send the SMS text to landline phone which it's should have been working properly & it isn't working as there is a fault on either my iPhone or your system is at fault & see between the line here for your info only.

Customers on our network can send text messages to UK landlines, beginning 01 or 02. These are delivered either:

As a voice call, using text to speech to read the message.
or
As a text message, if the recipient has a Text Message compatible landline phone.

Once on our network, register with our Disability Services Team who will advise you of other features of the service.

i would like to see the fault be put right asap please so can get the issue sorted out when the fault is fixed up so I can be able to Send SMS text to any landline phone without any problem in the future?

andrew.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technical fault on their system.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Get another provider. I have a giffgaff backup phone which I believe supports text to landline.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Thanks I have honestly have no idea whether if gifgaff is landline enabled as I knew EE have it, but why cannot all the major mobile providers not had them available as I think virgin should have them available to enable deaf mobile user to enable them to send in SMS text to both landline & mobile phone to be fair for them, but I had made a formal complaint because it is very frustrating trying to send the SMS text to any landline phone in which they should have "PICKED UP" my urgent SMS text which I been sending 5 time a day using the 789 number which this did not fail to deliver it as it's was sent successfully, but there have been no prompt reply to my SMS text sent to 789 number it is ridiculous.
I not prepare to move to anywhere else as I had no idea where to go next as EE is too dear to move as virgin has good price dear for my use. I have hoped that my complaint will be resolve soon one day.
Andrew.
0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

sorry. Gifgaff data allowance is not enough as I need at least 5gb or 8gb of data allowance as gifgaff data allowance is too low as it's will easily runs out when I'm abroad. It's will be dearer of about £15 is a bad deal sorry.

I hope virgin will sort it out soon without me having to switch to another provider which I can't find one which is landline SMS text enable which it's doesn't mention on as many mobile provider except EE & I think Vodafone & why not virgin which has good monthly prices to use their mobile service?

andrew.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The fact that Virgin Mobile is cheap is not relevant if it doesn't work for you. I mean, would you buy a pair of shoes for £1 if they don't fit? Of course you won't. I suggest that you look around for a suitable phone provider and for alternatives to texting to landlines, e.g. text relay.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
It's rubbish! There should be available on all the major mobile providers to enable deaf mobile users to enable to send in SMS text to landline which there is no addinal cost to send a SMS text which there is no extra cost to this as sending text cost is the same on all mobile providers in the U.K.
What if they are playing at of not fixing the issue at virgin?
Andrew.
0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hello,

thamks as gifgaff it's not good as their data allowance is far too low as it's about 2gb only which isn't enough as I need about 5 to 10 GB, but I think it is too exspensive because there I don't think they have the available SMS text service to landline phone with gifgaff. I had made a formal complaints to both virgin & CISAS because there I think there is some breaching my disability Rights as because I had two recents problem with three & virgin as they were all working properly since I left t-mobile in which I did not had the problem at all as it is ridiculous. I hope it will get sorted out soon.

andrew.

0 Kudos