cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 4 - Solid Green Light

bosstoad
Tuning in

I have a Superhub 4 which has been showing a solid green light for the past two weeks rather than the normal solid white. Support tell me that this is fine and is an indicator of network status in the area. The kit is in Modem Only mode and the service appears to be working just fine. Rebooting does not change anything and it goes through the normal succession of white, flashing white and then reverts to green when the reboot is complete. Has anyone else experienced this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bosstoad wrote:
Thank you, I have tried that, when in router mode it shows white but immediately I switch back to Modem mode it goes green.

Since I put it into modem mode when I upgraded to 1 Gig in Dec 21 it has shown solid white, then a couple of weeks ago it changed to solid green hence the query.

I rekon you've had a firmware upgrade.

Nothing to worry about.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

@bosstoad wrote:

I have a Superhub 4 which has been showing a solid green light for the past two weeks rather than the normal solid white. Support tell me that this is fine and is an indicator of network status in the area. The kit is in Modem Only mode and the service appears to be working just fine. Rebooting does not change anything and it goes through the normal succession of white, flashing white and then reverts to green when the reboot is complete. Has anyone else experienced this issue please?

Modem mode displays as a green LED for the HUB 5, so I wonder if your HUB 4 has had a firmware update to be consistent?

The only way to check is to put it into router mode and see if the LED changes back to white.

Thank you, I have tried that, when in router mode it shows white but immediately I switch back to Modem mode it goes green.

Since I put it into modem mode when I upgraded to 1 Gig in Dec 21 it has shown solid white, then a couple of weeks ago it changed to solid green hence the query.

@bosstoad wrote:

I rekon you've had a firmware upgrade.

Nothing to worry about.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-4-Solid-green-light-whilst-in-Bridge-mo...

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2