cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 Power Cable Extension

Wagbo
Hanging out

Hi.

I've just received my Super Hub 5. Unfortunately the power cable is too short and I was hoping someone can guide me on which one I need. The one supplied by VM is a Sagemcom CS 50001.

I had a power extension cable for Super Hub 1 as well but that one doesn't fit Super Hub 5 even though it looks similar. So I need some advice which is the right one. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only the supplied power supply is supported to work with the Hub 5. There isn't an official alternative.

You'll need to use a extension lead to bring the power socket closer to the Hub's power adapter, rather than the other way around. You can get 1 socket leads to minimise the extra bulk.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi.

But I'm not really after an alternative.

What I did for Super Hub 1 was use something like this as an extension:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Connector-Compatible-Security-Standalone-Black/dp/B07X3MXH6C/

What I want is something similar for Hub 5 but I don't know specifically which one it is...

So that means I still use the official adapter but its just extended. 

Thanks.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should really never extend a low voltage DC cable, especially with one of those thin wire cheap ones, you will get a voltage drop that may well affect the connected equipment.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2