cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed when tested

Damiano_scotlan
Joining in

Hi , I have problem with my virgin broadband since day one (3months now).

Speed of my internet is extremely poor , whatever I want to watch on the internet is “buffering” . 
when I contacted virgin media phone help , they said I need to use test only from Sam knows real speed , which is always showing over 130Mbps but even virgin media website test showing 19Mbps at the same time. I had subscription with speedtest net and they been showing exactly same.. about 20Mbps . 
when spoke with virgin media team they said there’s no fault on my broadband but when I’m “checking postcode “ on their website it’s showing intermittent fault at my area. 

please help and advise what to do , because I’ve been with BT previously which been bad but now virgin is even worst! 

p.s . I have tried restart hub , change channels for Wi-Fi etc. still nothing 

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check if there are any local faults by;

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2