Menu
jdr1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sick of prod and dropout

I want to chuck my super hub out of the window! I can’t believe the poor customer service. I’m have me to reset the router at least once an hour due to broadband drop out.

what do I have to do to get virgin to take it seriously? All I get is “there is no problem in your area we’ll call an engineer who will be with you in a week!” Followed by “oh yes there now is a problem in your area” which resolves the issue only a few days later for the drop outs to start again.

I’m out of contract and seriously thinking of going elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick of prod and dropout

Yeah...

Any chance of a few details? Are you connected wired or by WiFi? Does one, several or all devices drop at the same time? Which HUB do you have?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also Id be sick of prod too. No fun when someones prodding you. Mostly.

0 Kudos
jdr1971
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ouch that prodding! Danger of using mobile to write in angry mode.

It’s a superhero b 2ac operating in modem mode. Wi-Fi is distributed via Netgear Orbi  

when it’s working connection speeds wired and cable are great.

But...... in the last two weeks I keep getting dropout of internet wired and Wi-Fi. 

Reset of hub works generally but then drops again once an hour. 

Many ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.
If everything drops at once its may be a power level issue

Also notice I didn't call you on "superhero b 2ac", thats cos we like people with a sense of humor. Also who provide ACTUAL descriptions of what the problem is, You can stay.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdr1971, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too low and the upstreams are too high. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos