cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service levels and reliabity

toptone
Joining in

From today’s Sunday Times:

Virgin Media gets away with the worst broadband service in Britain thanks to customer inertia. As a serially irritated but ultimately apathetic user, I know this well. But after yet another outage last week, I am finally pulling the plug. Chief executive Lutz Schüler talks a lot of guff about taking on BT and has looked at buying TalkTalk. He could do with fixing the basics first.

[REMOVED]

i have to say I’m with Oliver on this. It’s poor and getting worse. There’s serious competition out there now so switching is a realistic option.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
totally agree, fastest doesn't mean the best, I'm now sitting at 50mb download but 100% service with my new ISP knowing they will
a: Answer when I call
b:Not hang up on me
c:provide accurate bills
d:NOT be virginmedia

there goose is cooked as they say, once 5G and fttp catches more places, folk will jump ship in a flash and rightly so.

It reminds me of a story from Reddit where a guy got a job at his local cable company ONLY to fix the issue he was having at home as this was quicker than when they could fix it

KevanB
Tuning in

Have to agree- I dont ever remember the customer service being this bad - being constantly told it will be fixed today or in the next few hours only for nothing to happen means either there are reallly bad processess and procedures in place for support or the agents are being pressured to close out cas quickly to get onto the next one - hence assuring you all wil be well  when they havent actually got a clue - I am not sure if it's incompetence or malice - but it feels like the company is forcing it's agents to ie to me . The competiton is catching up - I'm asking around my friends and I will trade a small amount of speed if it means I can get a more reliabe and properley supported service - I dont even really use their TV package anyway with the rise of online services  etc - might be finally time to make a switch.

adnank503
On our wavelength

VM is severely let down by its customer service. I have found that if i connect to a call centre in a certain part of the world, 4 out of 5 times they will lie. I have complained to VM but to no avail. Its now so bad, that when my call is connected to that part of the world, i just hang up. Sad, as i like the services when they work, its just next to impossible to get an honest response. On top of that the call waiting times are atrocious.