cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renovating property

GuyHarg
Joining in

Our four level terrace had 200M VM broadband installed into the basement and working well. We subsequently gutted the place and are now fully renovating it including converting the basement into a self contained rental apartment. Once renovated we want our tenant to be able to set up their own VM account while we keep the existing account upstairs. Looking for set up advice for my electrician at first fix stage. Can I have one external line and external box, splitting into two inside so I only have to make one external penetration? Or do I need two separate lines in? What kind of coax do I put into the property? If I only need one external box and one external penetration do I then put the same cable type into the wall inside from the ground floor external penetration through the floor and into the basement to where the basement internal box is to be mounted? I’d rather do the penetration and internal wiring myself so I can do it now and hide the internal wiring. If possible can a technician dm me to discuss. Thanks, Guy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, I have sent you some details in a PM

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, I have sent you some details in a PM

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************