Menu
DAVIDC1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Removing Cables from the house and on the house

Hi

Recently bought a house and there are virgin cables running all over it and 6 are in one of the gutters which is now blocked.

i want to remove the cables and rang virgin media on the 7th November to be told not to do it and expect a phone call within 7 days from the install team. i still havent had a phone call from virgin. so i rang again this morning to be told that i can cut them out myself, i expressed my knowledge that it will disturb other virgin customers broadband and phones and the operator said "just cut them out your self as this will create a fault and that will be attended to quicker, dont worry about it?

Is this correct.

Regards

David 

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing Cables from the house and on the house

i hope you recorded the call, as if you cut the cables (which aren't your property) you may be liably for a rather large bill.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are these cables going into your own property or other peoples?

If these are only for your property they will link back to an Omni-box where the cable terminates coming in from the street.

Open the cover & all the cables will unscrew. Once these are disconnected you can do what you like with them. Ideally you should fit a terminator cap to each outlet you have disconnected.

Getting VM to come out when you are not a customer is extremely difficult. They also will not remove the incoming cable & Omni-box as once installed this is classed as a utility feed the same as your Gas, Electric & Water. 

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
DAVIDC1982
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not much help there, but thank you for the reply.

As the agreement of install and access to install was not with me the cables up until connection on the pavement would be mine as purchased with the property. 

and also access to the property has to be requested formally and they can cost a hefty amount too.

the bit i dont get is why they make it so hard for them to be removed.

cheers 

0 Kudos