Menu
Mikemgc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remote Control not working

Hi

I have a new V6 box and my remote control has simply stopped working.  I've tried two sets of batteries but the red light is no longer blinking and the box is completely unresponsive.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a reset for the remote control somehow?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote Control not working

sounds like a dead remote, would need to have a chat with faults via 150 / 0345 454 1111 since the forum staff stopped sending replacements..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mikemgc,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with the remote no longer working.

As you have replaced the batteries and it's still not working it may be faulty and we can arrange for a replacement to be sent out to you for this.

Do the buttons on the front of the box work for you to change the channel with?

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me with the requested information.

I have ordered you a new remote control and this should be with you within the next 5 working days and will be posted through the letter box with your standard post.

When you get this you will need to pair the remote to the box itself and if you would like to set the remote up to control the TV's volume or power this will also need to be set up.

The information on how to do both of these is (here).

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.
Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos