Menu
DavidHarman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possible incompatibility iOS11.4.1 & super hub 2

After a 4 hour conversation with Apple Support, they suggest there is an incompatibility between the recent iOS update & Super Hub 2, believing the Hub is the cause as my iPhone is operating normally.

I'm posting here in the hope I can highlight the issue in a way to be investigated. 

The issue, since the update the internet connection doesn't wake when the iPhone is activated & only can be used after switching airplane mode on then off again then the connection is stable till the iPhone enters sleep mode, then the process has to be repeated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible incompatibility iOS11.4.1 & super hub 2

if all was ok before the update then the problem surely is down to Apple - it is up to them to investigate what they have broken not for VM as they have changed nothing

you should - i suggest be posting on Apple forums

Tony
0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s hard to say who is at fault. If Apple have tightened up software to fully support a standard and VM have not then it’s VMs problem. If Apple have implemented something that is non standard, I very much suspect they have not, then it’s an Apple problem. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
DavidHarman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree, but like all big companies they won't take responsibility, I'm looking into ways of getting Apple to take notice, I'm totally fed up with iPhones, as I bought 4 Sim free ones, I won't be making the same mistake again
0 Kudos