Menu
WayWay
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please Help...

VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMER TV/ INTERNET/PHONE WITH 3 boxes... Loss of service TV & Internet last month 4-6th October and pixilation issues. Tried usual problem solving. Called VM. Told initially ‘no problem’, but there was so after complaining as refused my request to speak to a manager, then cut me off, an engineer was booked. He found ‘problem with taps on main external box’ so network team called. Service restored after 24hrs approx. So 2 days loss of service. Since then regular intermittent loss of service TV and Internet  varying from 15 mins to 2 hours daily, and pixelation. Automated 150 message states ‘problem in SM1 area’ but it continues so NO SERVICE on 18,19,20th and today 28th November. Rang in desperation to be told initially ‘no problem’ then to be told ‘complete SNR drop/ failure’ and no engineer until Friday. That will be over 5 days THIS MONTH without any service. My heating thermostat is affected too. Today I also had no landline from 8.33-13.00hrs approx. We are a household with a disabled adult. I am at my wits end. I am a customer of over 20 years yet feel totally misled and undervalued. At this point I have no idea when my service will be restored... help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please Help...

no one here can offer you any help other than to report your issues to CS via 150.
Virgin may reply to this thread eventually but it will take around 1 week.

ps. your thermostat shouldn't stop working just because you have no internet. it'll still control your boiler it just won't be controllable outside the house.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi WayWay,

I've just checked your connection and can see no issues, your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy and the hub has now been online for 7 days. Have you had any trouble in that time?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
WayWay
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have had 2 engineer visits in last 5 days... wrong cabling has been used internally, wrong parts / missing parts/ old parts/ found in two boxes in house, still have pixelation issues today, ‘taps’ issues found externally, small losses of internet mainly am but happens randomly throughout day. Engineers were told nothing before visits despite me giving lengthy description of issues of current issues ie: November 5 day loss, October 2 day loss and 20 year history of issues in my property. It’s not fair on them, or on me. So next problem lasting more than a day and we are leaving... been patient far too long.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey WayWay, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Really sorry for the problems you've had as of recent, I know it's frustrating. So is everything back up and running now? If not, let us know and we'll gladly investigate further. 

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
WayWay
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for at least responding Heather. The TV is still pixelating though intermittent at moment. Phone line is ok. Internet still fades in and out between 7-10 am then intermittently throughout day, but every day, but we have lived with that forever. I need the 5 days loss of service refund addressed for November, and the 2 days loss of service addressed for October. There was also a complaint as you wrongly charged me for my service bundle. This resulted in rolling credits to my account, monthly, which are rolling credits. Basically it has been a mess, and I would appreciate a call from someone please ASAP.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey WayWay, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos