Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Package changed without my authorisation

My package has changed from 50meg to 100 on my broadband without my authorisation! Please contact me to resolve.

the current broadband speed has been terrible for months, pay for 50 get about 8-10, even now you’ve just said you put me on 100 I’m only getting 8meg. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package changed without my authorisation

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I get on the online chat, the website is a nightmare to navigate

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

not sure of the answer from the tech - seems to be a standard cut and paste - how are you speed testing - wired or via wifi - always test wired

they may have upgraded you and if thats for free then thats ok - so has your bill changed and has your contract changed - it should not have if you did not request the upgrade

as to slow speeds

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I googled about a free upgrade from VM as I remembered something I read weeks ago and VM were giving certain speeds a free speed upgrade starting from the beginning of this year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your monthly cost has not gone up, then you’re onto a good thing.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos