cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box broken

estied76
Tuning in

Hi, the outside virgin media cable box / cover is broken. It has been like this for a while since we had a bad storm and needs replacing. I couldn't find anywhere on the Virgin Media help site to request a replacement - how do we go about arranging this please?

Many Thanks

43 REPLIES 43

Hello,

The brown box outside my property that encloses the wires has been broken and has fallen off. Can this be replaced please as all of the wires are now exposed.

Thanks,

Kirsty

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kirstymorris wrote:

Hello,

The brown box outside my property that encloses the wires has been broken and has fallen off. Can this be replaced please as all of the wires are now exposed.

Thanks,

Kirsty

This will need a VM technician to attend.

Two options to book an appointment.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.). Select broadband faults,

or If you have a mobile phone with internet access via WiFi or mobile data you could try the text message service.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi. Our outside box is white and is also broken. We can’t get the cover on properly so the cables are exposed. We’ve had no internet since last Thursday. I hope it’s not because of this. Can you please arrange to have the box replaced. Thanks

annecd
Tuning in

Hi,

our box has been broken for a while as well and is currently being kept up with duct tape... not ideal! Please can you look into this and provide me with information on how this can be fixed?

Many thanks,
Annemarie

Hi,

Please can someone PM me regarding the same issue as OP.

Thanks.

Hi  - like many other posters here my outside brown box cover is broken with wires/innards exposed -  I spent a long time trying to go through customer service (150) to get it reported/fixed but to no avail -  just left hanging.... plse cd a technician call and fix. I imagine I don't even need to be in the premises as the box is on the outer front wall in the front garden, easily accessible.

Thank you.

I spoke to virgin media. I was told a new box would be posted to me and I could fit it myself. But it never came. When I questioned it they had no idea what I was talking about even though all calls are logged and I had a email copy of the log!

Tks Kirsty, doesn't bode well!
Earlier in this thread there was a link to a text help
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425
Did you/anyone use and was it at all helpful? Tks

I managed to get mine fixed last week - posted a new thread separately and a moderator quickly picked it up and actioned it. Might be worth trying that for those of you who have not had any luck yet. 

Thank you - seems bonkers to have to post a new thread for a topic that so many people have already commented on but tks for the tip and congratulations on getting yours fixed!! Did you need to be at home for them to do it or did they just fix from the outside without you needing to be in attendance? The latter wd be far more flexible for all concerned ? Tks a lot