cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box broken

estied76
Tuning in

Hi, the outside virgin media cable box / cover is broken. It has been like this for a while since we had a bad storm and needs replacing. I couldn't find anywhere on the Virgin Media help site to request a replacement - how do we go about arranging this please?

Many Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait for VM to get to the thread - they should sort a tech to mend it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hi estied76,

Welcome to our community forum and thanks for posting. We can certainly help you with with this issue. 

Can we just confirm that the box you are talking about is the brown one which is placed on the front or rear side of your property?

If it is please can you confirm this and we can email the relevant department to get a technician to attend and replace this for you.

Kind regards Jodi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

43 REPLIES 43

spgray
Problem sorter
call CS and report the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Thanks I've tried but cannot get through. It states only call in an emergency as they have limited resources at the moment.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait for VM to get to the thread - they should sort a tech to mend it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi estied76,

Welcome to our community forum and thanks for posting. We can certainly help you with with this issue. 

Can we just confirm that the box you are talking about is the brown one which is placed on the front or rear side of your property?

If it is please can you confirm this and we can email the relevant department to get a technician to attend and replace this for you.

Kind regards Jodi

Hi yes that is the box it is at the front of the property, although I ours is white 🤔

Brilliant thanks for confirming estied76,

So I can take you details I will pop you over a private message and get this arranged for you. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same problem with a house. The brown virgin media box cover was broken off the front and the wires are exposed/damaged.

Can this be fixed as well please by an engineer?

Thank you.

Hi nickostheimer,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're outside box has been damaged and needs replacing.

Can we just confirm that this is the brown box on the front/rear of your property that covers all the cables in to the house?

If so I will pop you over a private message to get this looked in to for you.

Kind regards Jodi

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Anonymous

Thanks so much for your Private Messages for @Jodi_S - she is now away from the office and as such has asked me to pick up any of her messages. 

I have contacted the Area Manager for your region to pop along to the property in question to take a look and hopefully repair it there and then for you. Once I have any updates on that I'll be sure to let you know. 

We do not charge for this service. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team