Menu
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not connecting to Virgin WiFi hotspots

I recently ran out of data on my mobile (Huawei P20 Pro). I remembered that Virgin has a wifi hotspot scheme where customers can connect to hotspots in their surrounding area. I think these are actually part of the domestic broadband setup? Anyway, I did a scan of my surrounding area and got notification of a Virgin hotspot nearby. I entered my account details to connect but I just got a "connecting" message and no connection was made. The same thing has happened now on several occasions. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not connecting to Virgin WiFi hotspots

In order to use the hotspots you need to have installed and set up the Virgin Media Connect app on the device you are trying to connect from.  Have you done this?

If so what does it say in the settings menu re you access status to VM hotspots?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I have the app installed. When I try to connect to any hotspot I get a popup screen asking me to enter my VM username and password. Then nothing, I don't even get a message that it can't connect, it just sits as connecting until I cancel it. I can't even do a survey of local hotspots because I have no connection at the time. So I'm relying on my phone picking up a hotspot manually.

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you have to have an internet connection so the app can download the certificate/profile.
after that your phone should auto connect to VM hotspot.

I also think theres a limit on how many people can use the same hotspot - try walking around to the next free hotspot.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
IKbrunel
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My previous post?  Gone, missing, deleted.. edited out?

0 Kudos