Menu
bluechip
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Service : Phone Number => House Address

I have worked out how to get the automated support service in to telling me someone's post code if I have their phone number.

I have reported this by phone (150) and been told by Soham ### and his manager Mitul ### that "It's not a security breach, but if you like, make a complaint via our web page" ...here I am

No. I'm NOT going to describe the method here... I WILL disclose the method to someone I can verify is an official representative of Virgin security.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Service : Phone Number => House Address

@ModTeam - a couple of names in there that need removing - not sure if you also want to escalate the post 

Tony
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bluechip,

Welcome to the community.

I'll certainly be able to escalate this for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message to discuss this further.

You will find this message if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bluechip
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Thanks for saying "4 weeks ago" that "[you'll] get this fed back to the security team" ...I am disappointed not to have heard back from them ...And I am surprised that you said "if you have any further queries please let us know on the community." But as per your explicit and polite request:

I have spoken to the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 who drew my attention to several Articles in the GDPR ( https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/ ). Most notably:
Article 4, Paragraph 1 ...explicitly INcludes "location data" as an example of "personal data".
Article 33, Paragraph 1 ...states that breaches must be reported within 72hrs of discovery.
Furthermore, they suggested it is appropriate for me to report this breach to casework<@>ico<.>org<.>UK
...Would you like to add anything before I hit send ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI  bluechip

I appreciate you getting back to us. I have sent all of the above off to our own GDPR team and we will ensure this is flagged as a priority. I appreciate you raising this with us and thank you for your concerns.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos