New HUB 3 firmware 9.1.1912.304

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else had this recently?

My HUB 3 updated last night.

39 REPLIES 39

IPv6 maybe?

The Giggitty 1

I'm struggling to login to my SH3, receiving the following message: "Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

I checked the logs and that someone was me, nearly 24 hours ago!

This new firmware is rubbish, I run 2 hub 3's in different locations, the one hub got this update way before the other and I thought issues I saw with that one and still do where related to local area or hardware fault but now  I've had this new firmware a week I've noticed some changes here.

Main concern is the increase in jitter, its showing on my BQM's which suggests to me some additional resources are being used, this theory is backed by the following,

• The hub interface is now very slow compared to before,
  • wifi is also struggling to serve bandwidth (Wasn't a problem before)
  • wifi also now will not use DFS channels like it did before (not that I used them unless required)
  • Concerns over potential intergration of Plume software (Privacy)

I've performed factory reset but as I guessed not changing anything, may I also advise that current setup is Hub 3 (router mode) Gigabit wired Desktop and 1x Wireless Device (Pixel 4a) (no other devices connected)

The Giggitty 1

Hi all,

I recetly upgraded to vm 350mb from vm 200mb vm hub 3. The hub has been reset to factory and I fnd with the vm spped test using a pc connected via ethernet download speeds of 85mb.

House has had vm cable since it was ntl (white wall boxes say ntl).

Any suggestions to get fastwer downloads speeds.

pc win 10 latest version 12gb ram

regards

Robert

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robert_fernando wrote:

Hi all,

I recetly upgraded to vm 350mb from vm 200mb vm hub 3. The hub has been reset to factory and I fnd with the vm spped test using a pc connected via ethernet download speeds of 85mb.

House has had vm cable since it was ntl (white wall boxes say ntl).

Any suggestions to get fastwer downloads speeds.

pc win 10 latest version 12gb ram

regards

Robert

Check the 'Connected Devices' section on your HUB.

You may find your wired device's 'Speed (Mbps)' value is '100', rather than '1000' due to:

• Using a Cat 5 cable (Cat 5e or greater requred for gigabit ethernet),
  • The ethernet adapter isn't negotiating to 1Gbps for some reason.

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else had this recently?

My HUB 3 updated last night.

Both my Hub3’s were updated via NMS on 15th Jan and no problem with obtaining 200/20 on my v10 version and also350/35 both with my 2015 iPad Pro @ 13.7 iPadOS.

However my new iPad Pro(4th gen) @ 14.3 iPadOS will only connect to my 350/35 v1* hardware version despite playing with PRIVATE ADDRESS turned on or off on 200/20 Tier connection. Since I no longer have access to trials forums I cannot publically reveal further information of my V1* VMDG505 Hub! (Even though it’s released in public domain since early 2019 ).......  😞   .........   unless @Kev_B gives me explicit written permission. 😜

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was updated recently, but I run in modem mode with Ubiquiti USG-Pro-4 router and WAPs. No problems noticed. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

Was updated recently, but I run in modem mode with Ubiquiti USG-Pro-4 router and WAPs. No problems noticed. 

Can you confirm your VMDG505 hardware version please?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As copied from hub page:

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.1912.304

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

As copied from hub page:

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.1912.304

Thanks- was hoping you had newer hardware.   I’ll have to do it the hard way long & torturous .......       cheers anyway.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED