cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Administrator Mode Youtube

Bermygreen
Joining in

I have recently been blocked from visiting many youtube videos, as they are now in restricted mode and blocked by the network administrator.  This only happens on my mac, not my android, which is on the same network.

I have turned off the child settings in Websafe, but it makes no difference.  I am unable to change the settings in youtube.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Bermygreen,

I've just done a quick google search and it's happening quite often with You Tube.

A few tips/workarounds are on this site.piunikaweb 

The latest Update 8 on (June 26, 2021) suggests :-

YouTube recommends verifying your date of birth to avoid running into any restrictions on the platform. Hence, in case you’ve not added your DOB info on YouTube, we’d suggest adding it as soon as possible. We’ve seen similar reports where age-restriction error is appearing on multiple living room devices and we’re looking into it. Meanwhile, we recommend verifying your birthday on your Google account with these steps: https://yt.be/help/t1g5

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the advice, but that didn't work either.  I'm in a different country now too, and it still doesn't work.  No problem with safari or chrome incognito though, so not the end of the world.

In your Google account have you set your location to United Kingdom and set Restricted Mode to Off?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection