Menu
bbbazcooper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Multiple problems with our 2 V+ hd boxes

These are, I suppose, fairly old technology. Problems include pixellation in recordings, failure to record when set, recording things we don't want (e.g. recording a current series leads to any old series being repeated also recording), channels disappearing for a period then returning, when turned off on BBC 1 the other day we had the the preview channel when next turned on and only got things working again by rebooting a number of times. Regular rebooting required on both boxes but this doesn't recover channels th a go missing.

I tried ringing but failed security because, apparently, I don't know my services despite reading them off my monthly bill, also I apparently don't know my own email address despite the fact this gets me into the virgin media app with full details of my account.

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple problems with our 2 V+ hd boxes

Hi bbbazcooper,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with the picture pixellation and with the recordings not working as they should be.

I have located your account using your Forum details and I can see the SNR signal levels are not within the required specifications and will cause this fault.

I would like to arrange for one of our fault engineers to take a look at this for you and adjust the levels so they are correct.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
bbbazcooper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Louise I have actually now got an engineer calling having finally being able to make telephone contact regarding my bundle and the various problems so hopefully we will be sorted.

bbbazcooper

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bbbazcooper.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you already have an engineer booked in with us.
If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Don't forget to come back and let us know how the visit goes via your thread Smiley Happy 
Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
bbbazcooper
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,

Engineer arrived early and was a real gem I'm pleased to say. He had authority to update our hub and replace our main box by a V6 box which he did but met multiple problems in attempting to get everything up and running but he persevered and eventually ran the problem to ground so we are now all good. 

Thanks for your interest.

bbbazcooper

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bbbazcooper,

That's fantastic news, thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 
If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.
Take care, 
Louise

Forum Team

0 Kudos