Menu
dermitchie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lightwaverf / orbi / hub 3 problems

So I have had a strange recurring issue for some time now. 

My Hub is in modem Mode. Orbi is my router and mesh, and I have a lightwaverf link. It works for weeks and then some strange behaviour occurs: the hub reboots, the logs on the router record a DNS attack and the link disconnects. 

as per lightwave I have enabled port forwarding, as we assumed that the firewall on the orbi eventually blocks traffic. 
we have also swapped the hardware, so it’s not the link, swapped the orbi, which is also therefore likely not the issue. 
so could it be that the hub blocks certain ports, even in modem mode? If so, can I enable port forwarding on it? 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lightwaverf / orbi / hub 3 problems

in modem mode, the hub blocks no ports - it passes all traffic to your router.

there are a handful of ports that VM does block further up the network, but none at the hub. 

dermitchie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So in the modem’s logs are these entries around when the router disconnected and reconnected. These attacks are also listed in the router logs. 
any light you can shed, please? 

A83F24F5-079E-412A-9842-AE3B23ADF476.png

0 Kudos
dermitchie
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So in the modem’s logs are these entries around when the router disconnected and reconnected. These attacks are also listed in the router logs. 
any light you can shed, please? 

Virgin 1.pngVirgin 2.pngVirgin 3.png

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i don't know much about what's showing in your logs, so I'll leave that for others to comment on.. i also can't see any referencing the "DNS attack" that you mentioned in your first post.. got any screenshots of that (or a full copy of the log text..)?

0 Kudos