Re: Laptop and av processor on same network but don’t reconize each other

Hi the laptop sees the av processor but shows as unknown any ideas 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

so if they can both see each other what's the actual problem?
as the laptop the the av processor belongs to this company then really this is their problem to resolve, i can't see this being an issue with your virgin setup.
0 Kudos
Longdong
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your help as I said both items are connecting to my internet but when the the guy tries to connect the laptop to the av it just says no device found could there possibley be a setting on my 3.0 hub that may need switching on or something 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

i would doubt it.
if it's a totally local connection between the two then there wouldn't be anything blocking it.
the only thing that may be an issue is if the laptop and AV are trying to communicate to each other via the internet (why they would do that i don't know) and that WebSafe is blocking it.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm when you said you tried disabling your firewall, was that the one you had on you windows 10 laptop?

Also have you tried taking your laptop to their shop to see if it connects to the av processor there.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@stevedh2 wrote:

Just to confirm when you said you tried disabling your firewall, was that the one you had on you windows 10 laptop?

Also have you tried taking your laptop to their shop to see if it connects to the av processor there.

it's not the OPs laptop, the laptop belongs to the shop

0 Kudos
Longdong
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi the laptop and av processor belongs to the shop yes it all works at the shop also works at the guys home

The firewall was turned of on my virgin router

They both connect to my internet but on the laptop their is a program that needs to connect over the internet but just says on the laptop no device reconized 

so it seems they work on my local network and that’s all 

0 Kudos
Longdong
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Laptop and av processor on same network but don’t reconize eachr other resolved

I’ve been trying to get arcam av860 processor and laptop to communicate with each other with a program called Dirac live that’s on the laptop ( windows 10 ) but after many attempts I finally bought a Netgear router and used the virgin media router as a modem just this morning the guy came round to see if there was any difference and as soon as both items got connected the Dirac live program instantly recognised the arcam av860 so it was the vm router even though virgin media said it wouldn’t cause any problems 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Laptop and av processor on same network but don’t reconize eachr other resolved

i doubt it was the router itself that was causing the issue, more like a particular setting that was enabled that isn't enabled on the netgear that was causing the problem.

i wouldn't expect virgin CS to be able to offer tech support on that though, they are only responsible for the actual internet connection, not your LAN.
0 Kudos
Longdong
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The problem with vm is they don’t offer any tech advise and if you want some they pass you onto a 3rd party that charges what a rip off that’s why I bought a netgear router that is far better the speed the signal miles better tbh it’s the best option and resolved my issue and don’t have to pay a 3rd party 

0 Kudos