Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.72K
  • 56
  • 391
Trouble shooter
1,369 Views
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kudos Button Not Working?

Since yesterday, I am getting the following error message everytime I try and give KUDOS to a post:

VM Kudos bug.JPG

 

I've signed in and out several times which has made no differences??! Is anybody else getting this or is it just me??

Smiley Sad

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
Highlighted
  • 2.72K
  • 56
  • 391
Trouble shooter
1,352 Views
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?

....seems to be working now?!!!!!

Smiley Happy

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.72K
  • 56
  • 391
Trouble shooter
1,298 Views
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?


@deans6571 wrote:

....seems to be working now?!!!!!

Smiley Happy


...this is STILL not working for some posts???!!? WHAT'S GOING ON????? Smiley Mad

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 1.83K
  • 221
  • 966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
1,289 Views
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?

I'd like to bring this thread to your attention:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Unable-to-search-Usernames/m-p/3993764#M43750

The technical people are testing out some changes.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
  • 2.72K
  • 56
  • 391
Trouble shooter
1,283 Views
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?


@MissPasko wrote:

I'd like to bring this thread to your attention:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Unable-to-search-Usernames/m-p/3993764#M43750

The technical people are testing out some changes.


...ok, thanks for that - sorry couldn't give KUDOS nor mark your answer as 'Helpful' as neither are now working!!!

Smiley Happy

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 202
  • 615
Community elder
1,279 Views
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?


@deans6571 wrote:

...ok, thanks for that - sorry couldn't give KUDOS nor mark your answer as 'Helpful' as neither are now working!!!

Smiley Happy


i have Kudo'd it on your behalf

Highlighted
  • 3.06K
  • 20
  • 100
Well-informed
1,266 Views
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?


@deans6571 wrote:

Since yesterday, I am getting the following error message everytime I try and give KUDOS to a post:

VM Kudos bug.JPG

 

I've signed in and out several times which has made no differences??! Is anybody else getting this or is it just me??

Smiley Sad


Managed to successfully give you kudos using Google Chrome.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.72K
  • 56
  • 391
Trouble shooter
1,244 Views
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?


@paperclip wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

Since yesterday, I am getting the following error message everytime I try and give KUDOS to a post:

VM Kudos bug.JPG

 

I've signed in and out several times which has made no differences??! Is anybody else getting this or is it just me??

Smiley Sad


Managed to successfully give you kudos using Google Chrome.


...its a weird issue as its letting me KUDO some posts but not others (I'm also using Chrome: Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit) )??!

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
Highlighted
  • 3.06K
  • 20
  • 100
Well-informed
1,234 Views
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?


@deans6571 wrote:

@paperclip wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

Since yesterday, I am getting the following error message everytime I try and give KUDOS to a post:

VM Kudos bug.JPG

 

I've signed in and out several times which has made no differences??! Is anybody else getting this or is it just me??

Smiley Sad


Managed to successfully give you kudos using Google Chrome.


...its a weird issue as its letting me KUDO some posts but not others (I'm also using Chrome: Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit) )??!


I'm using Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Intermittent issues for me too, not related to a particular browser as I can replicate similar issues on Firefox, and Opera as well as on Android Oreo 8.00.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 545
  • 10
  • 45
Rising star
332 Views
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kudos Button Not Working?

kudos button - my experience of it- read the rules- too easy to click

Wish my kudos button was not working, no longer use it as incorrect kudos procedures can be classed as "manipulation" even if not intended.

The kudos can cause rule  issues so I just avoid it now to play safe. It just complicates things.

It is too easy to click or unclick but the kudos is monitored and  although it is nice to thank someone I no longer use this system but will click on helpful answer. Kudos may be a reward and as such could be manipulated for advantage or classed  as abuse , to easy to click.

If a Helpful Answer (more genuine reward) is clicked that does the job for me so I avoid the kudos button now, safer to avoid rule breaking.

Best to read carefully the rules carefully. Once bitten twice shy.

I only speak for myself.