Menu
Highlighted
ask-me
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kodi open platform internet streaming

Hi guys I had and still have got a Kodi box I had it before virgin came and it worked fine on btinternet however since virgin was installed it has become unusable I suspect virgin had stomped on this as when I route it through my mobile internet portal it works fine , any suggestions as to how I can re instate it into our finer network again please have I got to sort out the dynamic ip's and or use a vnc for it ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Kodi open platform internet streaming

Is it the "fully loaded" version? If so I believe Virgin block them.

Dave.

Dave

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
baldpaul147
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Turn off "Virus Safe" and "Child Safe" via your VM online account. Then login to your router and go into your Firewall settings and untick "Port Scan Detection" and "IP Flood Detection". 

ask-me
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ahh thats grand thank you both for your answers just about to go to router have already done web-safe settings ,thanks all . 

0 Kudos
baldpaul147
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to say that you may also want to reduce your Firewall Protection to "Low" and ensure that all the "Pass-Through" entries are ticked/enabled. If you feel uncomfortable with reducing all VM's so called protection then you can just adjust them bit by bit to see what works for you.

0 Kudos