cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kodi add on isuues

thesalydog
Tuning in

Hi Folks, my old hub router failed last week, Now replaced with HUB 3.0, everything good but..........

I use a Vbox communications TV gateway box which is fed from my sat dish. I then use KODI as a front end to view live tv, I am all OSX.

KODI uses an add on called "Vbox gateway pvr client" but every time I launch KODI I get a message saying "add on couldn't be loaded".

I think the HUB 3.0 is blocking KODI getting the add on.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

spgray
Problem sorter
seems unlikely that the hub is blocking it.
more likely that the IP address of your gateway has changed (de to hub being replaced), and you need to re-configure kodi to look at the new IP address.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Thanks for that, but I have checked that the IP address is correct.

as both devices will be internal on your LAN then there is nothing the hub would do to block traffic.
it's only external traffic that goes thru the firewall.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thesalydog wrote:

Thanks for that, but I have checked that the IP address is correct.

Reviewing the below site I'm wondering if you setup some port forwarding rules and a static IP, which would have been lost with the HUB swap:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VBox_TV_Gateway_PVR_Client 

Many thanks, after a lot of head scratching, problem solved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thesalydog wrote:

Many thanks, after a lot of head scratching, problem solved.

What was it out of interest?

It was the incorrect IP address , eventually I opened up the router and kept an eye on the number of connected devices, I then disconnected the power and ethernet connection from Vbox and reconnected, and another device popped up.

Then by a matter of elimination I worked out what the new IP address was and when I entered that into the add on in KODI  hey bingo everything came good.

so it's what i said in the first reply then!