Menu
Aakashpatel85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with cctv and home alarm

Hi I have had Hikvision cctv and pyronix home alarm fitted recently. It was all professionally fitted but am having problems. The cctv and alarm can be controlled by the pro control app. 
Regarding the cctv, the cameras will work brilliantly for days then will just go offline and cannot use. The fitter has checked the wiring and connections as it is directly connected to the virgin router and not WiFi as is the alarm. 
The alarm had multiple episodes of failing to connect also and thought is strange considering directly connected to broadband. Alerts should be fast but aren’t hence thought is there some block? Some help would be appreciated here as the cctv and alarm have been checked and I have been told it’s an issue with the broadband and apparently a common issue with virgin 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with cctv and home alarm

If your installing kit like IP-CCTV and alarms you need to think about having a more resilient setup for your home network,

Having router separate means its also safe from rebooting at a critical time due to a firmware up or maintenance by ISP.

I also run cameras from separate POE Ethernet Switch so that if router goes down, cameras still have an online port to connect to.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Aakashpatel85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for replying Matt,

I’ll pass that on but I’m sure the set up was analogue and not IP?

0 Kudos
Aakashpatel85
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s a cloud based unit that works then stops?

0 Kudos