cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Blacklisted

StuartMacLean
Joining in

Cannot send Email from Outlook. Message advises Task 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk - Sending reported error (0x800CCC67):' The server responded: 421 csmtp6.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143,net cmsmtp Virgin Media has blocked your connecting IP removed Too many bad emails have been sent. Visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport Section: Email Sending Errors to request delisting'

I tried contacting the netreport address but that failed. 

I have tried Virgin who transferred me to Gadget Rescue to resolve this FOUR times so far with no success.

Any advice welcome as to how to get the Blacklisting removed would be very welcome

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Spamhaus are one of the many independent companies who attempt to guard the email system by blacklisting IP addresses using the following criteria

1.  IP addresses that shouldn't be hosting mail servers - Which includes most residential addresses as their IP addresses are allocated using DHCP and are therefore subjcte to change.

2. IP addresses that have been seen sending spam.

3.  IP addresses that appear to be compromised by Malware.

Note:  None of these SHOULD affect normal users sending mail, however VM do use spamhaus's CSS to decide whether ot not to accept an email (I personally disagree with this, although it has lead us to find a number of users who had malware on devices such as Amazon Firesticks).

If Spamhaus have contacted you, I suspect this would have been down to actions initiated by VM themseves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try:

• go to NetReport - Virgin Media
  • select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the error message shown in the curl command output but not the command itself into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Should de-listing not occur then post back here to have the forum team investigate further; until then use webmail.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StuartMacLean,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your IP address at the moment.

I can see that one of our Community Members @用心棒 was able to suggest a resolution. Can you tell us if this helped with your issue or do you need any further assistance? 

Keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good day Paulina,

Thanks for your interest.

I followed the instructions given to try and initiate a resolution to the problem and therefore sent a response to netreport. Unfortunately I did not include all info so after realising my mistake I re reported the issue. I received an automated report at 13.13 on 26th June noting my new reference as  2152895.

There has been no change to my situation with Emails stuck in my Outlook outbox.

I would welcome any assistance in trying to get resolution.

Hi Paulina,

My issue now seems to be resolved.

Thanks for the assistance of Virgin Media Community

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StuartMacLean,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear things are now running smoothly. If you need any further assistance, or have any other questions, feel free to pop back to us 🙂

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I am not very computer literate bu when I get a message on my screen advising that Virgin had blocked my IP I did expect them to unblock it or give me good reason why they could not unblock it. However while clearing out my backlog of inward emails there was one from spamhaus.org requesting me to respond by entering the IP address. That done it was resolved.

Where spamhaus.org came fro I have no idea. Was it the Virgin Community? Still as far as I am concerned a very poor show from Virgin. I have Emailed the Virgin CEO enlightening him to the short comings of the service provided by Virgin Media. Will I get a response, I doubt it.

Thanks again to Virgin Community for having an interest in my plight

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Spamhaus are one of the many independent companies who attempt to guard the email system by blacklisting IP addresses using the following criteria

1.  IP addresses that shouldn't be hosting mail servers - Which includes most residential addresses as their IP addresses are allocated using DHCP and are therefore subjcte to change.

2. IP addresses that have been seen sending spam.

3.  IP addresses that appear to be compromised by Malware.

Note:  None of these SHOULD affect normal users sending mail, however VM do use spamhaus's CSS to decide whether ot not to accept an email (I personally disagree with this, although it has lead us to find a number of users who had malware on devices such as Amazon Firesticks).

If Spamhaus have contacted you, I suspect this would have been down to actions initiated by VM themseves.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info, most enlightening

Best regards

Stuart