cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address bocked by Playstaion ./ Ebay outsource filter firm

chrisshepherd72
Joining in

I wish to know who I ned to speak to at virgin to change my IP address or send me a new FOC Hub4 since my IP address has been blocked by Akamai who is the securtity for Playstation and also other sites like ebay .

Need to know how to change IP or new Hub . If not I will need to leave Virgin .

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Firstly VM absolutely will not change the IP address and neither are they likely to send a new Hub out for that reason if the existing one is working.

What you can do is to put the Hub into modem mode and purchase and configure your own router and that's the only way of changing the address.

BUT - why is your current address blocked? Until you can find that out and rectify the underlaying issue, all that will happen is you will have temporary access until your new address gets blocked!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I'm sure it will happen to some of us the current way of blocking IP's for what ever reason is not good but how else would you know something bad is coming from your IP? you make leave VM only to find your IP on another ISP blocks you so use modem mode and your own router as you work out whats wrong coming from your IP if you can.
---------------------------------------------------------------

100%... Great info Jem101
/DM
----------
VM Field Operations Engineer
Any views expressed are those of my own and do not represent the views of Virgin Media o2.