Menu
Robef
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to change my IP

If you really need access to this service (and I won't ask how or why you were blocked!) then use of a proxy may be the only way.

But I can't condone this as it's horribly insecure and also there may be a good reason why you were blocked!
0 Kudos
Karima1973
Settling in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have been getting DDoSed for over 2 months now. I have called vigin media up multiple times (8+) explaining the issue but they continue to just fail to help and ignore the solution. 

Solution = Give me a new ip.

They have told me to turn my router off for about 4 hours on a certain date like 4 times and yet it still wont change. They refuse to change my IP and claim to be giving everyone a dynamic IP yet everyone i have spoken to has never gotten a new IP. They have continued to just lie and the ping is constantly spiking. I can't even watch youtube and play a game without getting 1000ms. Keep in mind im the only person connected. 

This is a joke now and i have given up calling because i am put on hold for about 30mins to be told to do the same thing over and over.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

to get a different IP address using the same hub can be tricky, since doing what was suggested sometimes work when the DHCP checks for leases but sometimes can end up with the way the IP address leasing works.. as said previously would need to get a 3rd party router.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

also it is very unlikey you have been getting DDosed for 2 months. What makes you think you are?

you are not a valuable enough target for any hacker to waste 2 months of researches on.

jamesofmerton
Well-informed
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yep i work against hackers and only big companies would have that level of continued interest over such a long period from a lone hacker or hacking group.

there is something going on here. you can hire people to ddos someone though, if you have the money you can have them at it 24/7. certainly a strange one. but as previously said on here many times virgin do not generally change ip addresses on request.
0 Kudos