cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Question

Kwenda
Tuning in

I live in a block of flats and the 2.4GHz WiFi gets very busy.

Recently about 10 residents, some VM and some others, were all on channel 1.

My new Hub 5 was also on this channel and my old Lenovo tablet did not like the overcrowded WiFi channel and the WiFi kept switching off.

Is there a way to force the Hub 5 to change channels.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kwenda 

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the Manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes. (Screenshot at the bottom of the page)

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub to improve your signal

change wifi channelschange wifi channels

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kwenda 

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the Manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes. (Screenshot at the bottom of the page)

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub to improve your signal

change wifi channelschange wifi channels

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks for the VERY QUICK answer..  Yes, I used an app called WiFi Analyzer to locate the problem.  My initial answer was to reboot the hub, but that was a slow process and your answer will be much easier.  Thanks again and Happy Easter

gmb7981
Joining in

Just got Hub 5 as upgrade from SH2 to get phone linked to fibre !!

I have TP Deco M5s, will hub5 work as modem only with these ?

@gmb7981 wrote:

Just got Hub 5 as upgrade from SH2 to get phone linked to fibre !!

I have TP Deco M5s, will hub5 work as modem only with these ?

Yes.