cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 stats break/blank/stop loading after a period of time until reboot

borkbork
Tuning in

The Hub 4 seems to have a bug where stats and the network log stop loading, only resolved by a modem reboot. Is anyone at VM aware of this and/or can pass this on to the modem software dev team?

It manifests like this in the Modem UI (screenshots taken while I am currently online through the Hub 4!)

borkbork_2-1638884684586.png

borkbork_1-1638884662402.png

borkbork_0-1638884647128.png

Also see https://github.com/msh100/modem-stats/issues/2

3 REPLIES 3

Mshmsh
On our wavelength

I am the author of the tool that invokes this fault and can give a bit more context.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that this issue affects every single Superhub 4 and I have written a test case (where you can find all the context) at [removed].

This issue is caused when you read the statistics a large number of times. After some time (exact number can depend), the JSON returned for the statistics become skewed and eventually totally blank. My suspicion is a tmpfs is somehow becoming full but have no evidence of this.

[MOD EDIT: Link removed as unable to to check for safety]

It's a shame the mods have reviewed this to remove a link, but haven't acknowledged whether they will pass the fault to the dev team or not...

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Historically VM never advise the fixes of any firmware updates via patch notes etc., so if they are doing any work around this problem, we'll never know. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks