cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 AC Adapter

smcc239
Joining in

Hi All, 

Virgin Media delivered my new Hub 4 self start pack with the wrong ac adapter. 

Does anyone know what the Hub 4 Power Supply adapter type is called? It looks to be a male pin similar to the Tivo power supply but a slightly bigger pin. 

I’ve tried local stores but the power supply is different from the old Hub 3. Unfortunately I’ve no internet now since New Years Eve since the new Hub has been activated. 

Any support is greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

Cheule
Up to speed

Ah, you too eh.

I've had the same, trying to get a new PSU since December 30th.

Phone support on 03454541111, it's about the only way I got any traction. Bad news is, it could take another week for you to get the right one.

Virgin 1gbit - Superhub 4 modem mode --> RT-AC3200

Anonymous
Not applicable

Joe0161
Joining in

Just received a super hub 4 and the same thing has happened to me. Virgin have sent the power adapter for hub 3 (which Im upgrading from). How this can still be happening 12 months on from the original post is baffling. There must be a batch of hub 4s that have the wrong power adapter. You'd think they'd at least check the contents of the box before shipping out hub 4s, as they've received numerous reports from customers like you and me. 

Same here. I have to wait for a technician to bring out a new cable some point next week! Absolute joke. Happy to upgrade me and bill me for a service I’m not yet receiving. How can the wrong cable be included in their own boxes like this!

Typical Virgin Media ...

NOTHING they send out is new anymore, all recycled rubbish.

A bunch of people who have ZERO ideas as to what goes with what, equipment that is clearly second-hand, remotes that (if they even send one out) looks like it was found in a skip, and they wonder why people are leaving.

It makes me laugh that people suggest buying your own power supply, hells teeth, what a crock !!! .... You wouldn't buy bloody a car and expect to be given a link to where you can buy the seats. VM really need to stop thinking PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT & start looking after their customers better !!!

😠😠😠

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

I received my nub 4 yesterday with the same issue, the AC power adaptor was incorrect. When I called customer services and told them of the issue they recited 4 times that the issue was a hub problem to which I was getting quite annoyed. I have seen numerous feedback on this and still continue after 1 year send out incorrect parts for their Hub 4.  The customer service rep did not fill me with confidence that she has ordered the right ac adaptor for me which is going to take 3 to 5 working days !!.  Does anyone have the right adaptor to which they can send over the correct model number 

Thanks 

This is the adapter that came with my hub4 and it works perfectly.

IMG-20211211-204339

It’s the actual part that plugs into the hub which is wrong. They have given the one for the hub 3 which isn’t the same connection. Even the little tag attached to the cable is the hub 3 shape