cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get faster page speeds

tecdude
On our wavelength

Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that you ca  get faster page load speed (not faster bandwidth) by changing your DNS resolver. You can use this guide to make it faster - https://tec-kids.co.uk/apple/how-to-make-your-internet-faster-for-free/

5 REPLIES 5

vmrunreliable
Superfast

Damn!

I don't have a Mac or a device that uses iOS, since that's all that's covered by this insightful guide, I guess I'm stuck with slow internet 😞

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don’t need a Mac, any machine can be set up to use whatever DNS servers you wish to use.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As Tudor says... it will be somewhere in your "Network Settings" depending on what OS you are using.

Just change the DNS server to 1.1.1.1. (Cloudflare) or 8.8.8.8. (Google) save and reboot

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I strongly suspect that @vmrunreliable was being somewhat facetious.

Everyone knows downloading more RAM and more internet is the only way to speed things up.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π